The government has announced a 4-week pause at Step 3.
However, some restrictions will change on 21 June. From 21 June, there will be changes to the rules on:
- weddings and civil partnership ceremonies and wedding receptions or civil partnership celebrations
- commemorative events following a death such as a wake, stone setting or ash scattering
- large events pilots
- care home visits
- domestic residential visits for children
According to the gov.uk website, the following amendments were made:
- 15 June 2021-Updated to reflect the publication of revised wedding and civil partnership ceremonies, receptions and celebrations guidance and new guidance on what you need to do if you're planning a wedding or civil partnership or funeral, wake or commemoration in venues such as gardens or marquees on private land.
- 14 June 2021-Updated the list of areas where the Delta variant is spreading with new councils.
- 14 June 2021-Updated summary with information on changes from 21 June.