Amongst other things, Regulation 4 amends the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Collection of Contact Details etc and Related Requirements) Regulations 2020 to—
- amend the definition of local authority so that where there are two tier authorities, a District Council may issue a Fixed Penalty Notice.
- provide that in addition to the Secretary of State, a relevant person must also disclose any details he has retained pursuant to the Regulations to a Public Health Officer, on request of that Public Health Officer.
- provide that it is an offence not to comply with a requirement in regulations 14 and 16 of the Regulations.
- amend the fixed penalty notice amounts. In particular for the third breach the amount of any notice is to be £4,000 and for the fourth and any subsequent breach, it is £10,000.
- amend the Schedule to make clear that gyms are included as a listed service.