Irish Government approves additional public health measures to help to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Public health measures coming into place on Tuesday 7 December are:
Strict social distancing is required in all bars and restaurants, including hotels (reverting to pre-22nd October measures), including:
- table service only (no counter service)
- 1 metre between tables
- maximum 6 adults per table (maximum 15 persons when including children [aged 12 and younger
- no multiple table bookings and no intermingling
- masks when not seated at table
- closing time remains unchanged (midnight closing time for all on-licenced premises)
Indoor entertainment, cultural, community and sporting events
- maximum 50% capacity at indoor entertainment, cultural, community and sporting events which must be fully seated. This does not include religious or educational events or normal workplace business activity.
- face masks should be worn at all times unless eating or drinking.
- requirement for COVID Pass (vaccination or recovery) for gyms and leisure centres (excluding access to swimming pools or standalone swimming pool facilities) and hotel bars and restaurants (i.e. removing exemption for residents). With appropriate exemptions for those for whom a hotel setting is their permanent resident (e.g. those in emergency accommodation or other state-supported accommodation arrangements).
- nightclubs will not be able to open
- there will be no change to weddings or outdoor gatherings
These measures will remain in place until the 9th January 2022.