To make the best use of our website, you'll need to make sure your web browser is set to accept cookies to ensure you receive the best experience.
For further information, please read our Cookies Policy.
Birmingham, West Midlands
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are currently looking for a Compliance Manager (Regulatory Delivery) to join our team on a two year, fixed-term contract and play a vital role in supporting the gambling community.
- Salary of c£32,000 per annum (2 year FTC)
- Civil service pension
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ holiday
- Option to buy up to five days’ extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives.
It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
- As a Compliance Manager, a core part of your work will be to conduct assessments of GB licensees to evaluate regulatory compliance. You will ensure that consumers interests are always front and centre
- You will review and evaluate information submitted by licensees, complainants and other sources of intelligence and conduct appropriate enquiries
- You will need to stay attuned to any emerging developments and trends within the industry. In particular, you will need to understand new technology and channels for offering gambling and keep up to date with services offered by both online and land-based businesses
- You will be involved in activity, including formal investigations that will raise standards within the industry. You will engage with licensees through different channels to offer guidance and feedback and to understand new and novel products
- Additionally, you will use your knowledge and expertise to act as an advisor for local authorities on queries regarding GB licensing requirements, as well as acting as a point of contact for licensees
To be considered as a Compliance Manager, you will need:
- Excellent interviewing and auditing skills and the ability to prioritise a busy workload
- The ability to produce accurate and timely reports for senior management with excellent letter writing skills
- The ability to understand and practically apply legislation, licence conditions and formal guidance
- Good attention to detail in all your work and the ability to complete work within tight deadlines
- The ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals including senior officers of large corporations
- A willingness to travel (there may be an occasional overnight stay)
- Experience and/or knowledge of the principles of capturing evidence for regulatory investigations
- Adaptability to change, and the continual improvement that is required, to be a successful risk-based regulator
An understanding of online gambling products would be beneficial to your application, as would experience of presenting in front of an audience and/or via live podcasts.
Other organisations may call this role Contract Compliance Manager, Governance and Compliance Manager, Trade Compliance Manager, Risk and Compliance Manager, or Compliance Monitoring Manager
The closing date for this role is 10th March 2022.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
Other organisations may call this role Legislative Compliance Manager, Legislative Standards Manager, Regulatory Compliance Manager, Regulations Manager, Gambling Compliance Manager, Gambling Regulations Manager, or Gaming Compliance Manager.
We are currently following Government advice and working from home but when this guidance is relaxed we will be operating a hybrid working model with some time in the office and some time working from home. Travel into the office (Birmingham) would be at the expense of the employee. We would be happy to discuss this with you at interview.
As the regulator of the National Lottery, there are some roles within the Commission that are prohibited from playing the National Lottery. This does not affect your family playing. We will let you know at interview if the role you have applied for is on the Prohibited List.
Webrecruit and Gambling Commission are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re considering taking your next step as a Compliance Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.