The Gambling Commission has published a revised version of the Guidance to licensing authorities including track changes.
Key messages from the Gambling Commission include:
- GC did not consult on the changes as they only reflect update on matters previously consulted on such as to Licence Conditions and Codes of Practice and changes in legislation
- We do not consider LAs would have to make any significant changes (if any) to their Statement of Policy in relation to the new GLA
- LAs are reminded that the 12 week period of consultation for the SoP is not obligatory – it’s a matter for local determination
- The next Licensing Authority Bulletin will have more details, its due out in the next few days.
- The updated Consolidated Codes of Practice should go live in the next 48 hours.