The Licensing, Compliance, and Enforcement Policy (the Policy) builds on the Gambling Commission’s Statement of Principles and sets out our regulatory policies in relation to:
- Assessing risk
- Licensing operators and key personnel
- Carrying out compliance activities
- Regulatory and criminal enforcement
We amend the Policy from time to time to ensure that it remains clear to operators and other stakeholders, transparent and up to date.
The include changes which are intended to:
- Set out our position on products which appear to require dual regulation
- Clarify some of our requirements relating to operating and personal licences
- Incorporate our new special measures approach which we have been piloting over the last 12 months
- To reflect a number of changes to our process on licence review, suspension and regulatory settlement
The consultation closes 9 February 2022.