Salary: £25,481 - £29,577
Closing Date: 08/03/2021
Manager Email: Jason.Agar@milton-keynes.gov.uk
An exciting opportunity with Milton Keynes Council as Taxi Admin Leader, managing the taxi licensing administration team.
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you're looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council. With modern working practices where flexibility is commonplace and performance is measured on outcomes and results, alongside a generous holiday entitlement, you can experience a fulfilling job and great work-life balance.
- To deliver and implement the specific administrative requirements contained within relevant taxi licensing legislation and Milton Keynes Council’s policies, procedures and processes with regards to regulation and enforcement.
- To manage the taxi licensing administration process, ensuring that accurate records are kept and that license applications are processed efficiently and effectively.
- To ensure that team members are properly trained, supervised, performance managed and competent in their area of work and will involve a high degree of remote and virtual working.
- To ensure there are processes in place to accurately check and verify all applications received, referring issues to the Taxi Licensing Lead as appropriate.
- To collect and analyse a range of data for the function; and produce management information on Key Performance Indicators to include financial and customer service data.
- To be proactive in identifying and implementing continuous improvement to deliver high quality services and savings, incorporating alternative methods of delivery and continual value for money initiatives, including identifying opportunities for income generation and/or cost savings.
- To interrogate and input to the required financial and other database systems to reconcile and recharge expenditure and income for services delivered where applicable. This will include the processing of invoices and trading in relation to the function of the taxi licensing services ensuring prompt payment of accounts.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- General standard of education – 5 GCSE’S (A-C) or NVQ level 2 or significant relevant experience.
- Experience of identifying and implementing continuous improvement to deliver high quality services and savings.
- Detailed knowledge of taxi licensing legislation and regulations.
- Demonstrable ability to successfully prioritise workload for self and others to achieve deadlines
- Able to supervise, motivate and co-ordinate work of others, particularly remotely or virtually.
- Proven organisational skills including attention to detail and efficient problem solving.
Please note that this role is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK
Role Profile Document (opens in a new window)