Senior Licensing Officer
Base Salary: £38,292-£42,857
Location: Pippbrook Dorking, Mole Valley and Tandridge Districts
Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 37 Hours per week
About the role
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual to fulfil the role of Senior Licensing Officer within our ambitious and progressive Shared Environmental Health Partnership at Mole Valley and Tandridge District Councils.
You will lead the delivery of the full range of licensing including the Licensing Act 2003, Taxi and Private Hire regime, Gambling Act 2005, street trading and scrap metal licensing, ensuring compliance with national legislation, Guidance and local policies.
You will be accustomed to carrying out a range of compliance and enforcement activity, managing a case load of diverse, complex matters whilst also supporting members of the team in the delivery of the service, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you must be able to interpret and convey complex information both in oral and written form to a range of audiences, to educate and secure compliance.
You will possess excellent organisational and analytical skills, an ability to problem solve and adapt to competing priorities whilst remaining calm under pressure.
• To formulate, review, and expedite relevant Council policies on specific subject areas
• To lead on regulatory action against a range of licensed premises, activities and individuals
• To design and implement administrative procedures including interrogation of appropriate software, devices and use of databases
• To organise and undertake inspections, visits and investigations
• To work to legislative, process and policy timescales at times under pressure
• To be able to interpret complex legislation and provide clear advice, direction and guidance to stakeholders and colleagues
• To organise, facilitate, attend, and contribute to and chair relevant meetings
• To be willing and able to work out of hours on some evenings and weekends on a regular basis and to be able to access risk to personal safety
• Skills in data management and ability to manipulate database systems
• Licensing Qualification or comparable
A full clean UK driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle will be a requirement of the role.
Some out of hours working may be required.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Lisa Russell on 01306 879183
Closing date for applicants: Open advert
Interview date: To be confirmed with the individual
How to apply
Click apply now or email our careers inbox submit your CV along with an optional supporting statement, to let us know how you meet the required skills and experience of the job description and person specification.
“Celebrating Diversity and Inclusion for All”