Licensing Officer - Cheltenham Borough Council
£25,481 - £27,741 per annum
37 hours per week
Fixed Term Contract (12 months)
About the role…
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Licensing Officer to join
our busy and award winning licensing team. You will be one of 5 posts reporting to the
Licensing Team Leader providing quality advice and service to all licensing customers and
Your main duties will be the implementation, administration and enforcement of a wide
range of licensing legislation. You will carry out risk based inspections on all licensed venues
and vehicles, to prepare and present reports to the Licensing Team Leader and various
licensing committees and attend court as necessary. The role will involve routinely work
outside normal office hours.
To be successful you will need…
- Local Government licensing experience
- Good standard of education and/or ability to learn quickly and effectively
- Ability to interpret and implement licensing policy rules and procedures and
- Experience of working with the public.
- Experience of managing and prioritising a varied workload.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of the role of local government and its obligations to its
If you would like to have an informal chat about the post, please contact Louis Krog on
01242 264135 or email email@example.com
What can we do for you…
- A generous holiday entitlement. As well as bank holidays, you'll get 25 days
paid holiday (pro rata if part-time). This increases by one day per year to 30
days when you have been employed for 5 years.
- You will be entitled to an extra two volunteering days paid time off per year
for you to support a charity of your choice .
- An excellent pension scheme. You will be eligible to join the Local
Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) which is a nationwide, career average
pension scheme. The LGPS also provides valuable life cover of 3 x salary
along with valuable financial protection for dependants.
- Agile working environment. You will enjoy a mix of home and office working
as well as flexible working arrangements subject to the role.
- Flexitime working
- Job share and reduced working hours
- A comprehensive learning and development programme
- Financial assistance with a course of study (where appropriate to the job)
- Enhanced maternity scheme
- Employee counselling service
- A regular programme of medical screening and health checks
- Free eye tests (for some posts) and contribution towards the cost of glasses
Other benefits on offer include:
- A cycle to work scheme
- Commitment to employee wellbeing
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us!
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter
quoting ref CBC089; tell us about your skills, knowledge, qualifications,
experience and how they meet the criteria listed above and in the job
description/person specification at www.cheltenham.gov.uk/jobs
that we’re a good fit for each other, so let us know what’s important to you and
why you want to work for Cheltenham Borough Council.
Closing date: Monday 3rd January 2022 @ midnight
Interview date: to be confirmed
Please note that if you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date shown on the
advert, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. We have the
right to close this advert early subject to the number of applicants.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable adults, young people
and children. Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates
will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof
of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if
applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.