Head of Community Protection and Licensing – London Borough of Redbridge
Keystone Consultants - Ilford
£80,000 a year - Permanent - Remote
Apply with Indeed
Reference ID: RBH
CLOSING DATE TBC
Keystone are currently working in partnership with the London Borough of Redbridge to recruit a Head of Community Protection and Licensing
This is an exciting time to join an authority moving forward and we are looking for strong level managers with experience leading large skilled teams working with key stakeholders to develop projects for the better.
To lead, manage and co-ordinate the provision and continuous improvement of ‘Best in Class’ services in relation to:
- Environmental Health (including pollution monitoring and control, infectious diseases control, public health, pest control, animal health, food safety and health and safety, contaminated land and air quality management).
- Property Licensing scheme to deliver Private Sector Housing licensing and enforcement for Houses in Multiple Occupation, (Mandatory and Additional), Selective Property landlords (schemes 1 & 2) and Housing Standards.
- Delivery of Empty Properties management and Grants, the Handyperson Scheme, Disabled Facilities Grants and Green Homes Grants).
- Trading Standards and Business Licensing services including administration, compliance and enforcement (ensuring there is a statutory officer appointed to discharge the role of Chief Inspector of Weights and Measures).
- Community Protection Services to provide policies, Orders and enforcement to manage noise, and anti-social behaviour (including the provision of multi-agency tasking (MATT) team and externally commissioned enforcement services.
To champion and lead all services to make the widest corporate contribution to the Council’s overall objectives of ‘Safer’, ‘Cleaner’ and ‘Greener with an emphasis on the safety of the community.
To promote the Services with Members, Residents, Media, and Corporate Management Group and gain maximum recognition of achievement, service delivery and outcomes.
- Additional leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Work from home