The Government has published, for the first time, guidance on the restrictions imposed in Bolton.
From a licensing perspective, the following business and venue closures must not open in Bolton:
· skating rinks
· bowling alleys
· indoor play areas, including soft play areas
· exhibition centres and conference halls
Furthermore, the guidance ‘advise’ that the following settings and activities should not reopen or restart in Bolton:
· indoor performances (even with a social distanced audience)
· close contact services, which are any treatments on the face such as eyebrow threading or make-up application
All night-time economy and leisure venues should close from 22:00 to 05:00 each day.
Hospitality venues should only provide take away food and drinks to customers. Hospitality venues include:
· restaurants, including hotel dining rooms and members’ clubs
· cafes including workplace canteens (not including cafes or canteens at hospitals, care homes, schools, prisons, establishments intended for the use of naval, military or air force purposes and for providing food or drink to the homeless)
· bars including bars in hotels or members’ clubs
· public houses (‘pubs’)
These requirements will be put into law in the coming days and this guidance will then be updated to clarify the implications for different businesses and venues.