Department: Corporate Services
Work Level: Work Level 4
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Advertising End Date: 30 Apr 2021
About The Role
Trading Standards and Licensing Manager
At Morrisons, we understand the importance of fully meeting our Trading Standards and Licensing legal obligations, both in terms of looking after our customers and protecting our business. We have a great opportunity for someone with the right skills to help us manage and develop our Licensing and Trading Standards systems. This role will report into the Head of Trading Standards & Compliance.
The role will provide strong leadership for the Regional Trading Standards and Licensing teams, ensuring that Morrisons has simple and effective compliance procedures, supporting stores in their implementation and, should it be necessary, investigating and resolving enforcement and other serious failures. The role also provides expert advice and guidance to stakeholders at all levels across the Company on licensing matters, managing the application/variation processes to achieve required licences and defending them in the event of enforcement challenges.
InZview of the distinct and specialised nature of Trading Standards and Licensing, we are happy to consider candidates with strong skills in either discipline.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity.
We now work to a '4 day week'. The working pattern is 4 days per week of 9 hours per day, based in our Bradford Head Office.
There is also a requirement to work 1 in 4 Saturdays (6 hours).
- Ensure Morrisons stores trade legally and meet customer expectations through development and implementation of simple and effective compliance processes and training.
- Ensure any enforcement and other serious failures relating to Trading Standards and Licensing matters are investigated and corrective action implemented.
- Through strong leadership, ensure team member engagement with Company’s priorities, optimising utilisation of resources as circumstances arise.
- Identify trends in Trading Standards/Licensing compliance and implement strategies to address underlying root causes and drive improved performance.
- Prepare and communicate management information to identify and influence business performance including external changes that may affect future compliance of stores.
- Build effective working relationships with central and regional retail teams, engendering a compliance culture that minimises enforcement risk.
- Specify the Trading Standards/Licensing components of our Safe & Legal audit, aligned to customer priorities and enforcement risk, to drive compliance
- Manage the interaction with Police and enforcement authorities, creating an effective working relationship that helps build the trust needed to minimise enforcement risk and protect licences.
- Build effective internal and external stakeholder engagement, providing support and expert advice on all aspects Trading Standards/Licensing for stakeholders at all levels across the Company.
- Formal trading standards and/or licensing qualification (candidates who do not currently hold such qualification but can demonstrate equivalent experience may also be considered).
- Knowledge and practical experience of Licensing Act England and Wales & Scotland
- Knowledge and practical experience of fair trading (criminal and civil), metrology, age-restricted sales and licensing legislation.
- Sound working knowledge and practical experience of legal procedure legislation/guidance.
- Strong leadership skills, including strong communication, motivational and talent management skills.
- Strong risk assessment skills applied to business decisions and resource allocation.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload
- Passionate and committed to delivering great quality work
- Ability to balance compliance objectives with operational and commercial needs of business.
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships at all levels with the ability to influence.
- Customer focussed with a positive attitude
About The Company
We’re passionate about providing quality, value and freshness from farm to fork.
Putting our customers and colleagues first, our teams champion safety, quality, legality and integrity across every aspect of our business. We keep a close eye on everything to provide products and services our customers, stakeholders and communities can trust.
Caring about our customers and colleagues, we build our brand and put new ideas into action on Market Street. We audit stores and manage any incidents. We consult with government and agencies on new developments. We keep everyone safe and make sure everything is legal and top-notch quality from our logistics and manufacturing sites to our stores, suppliers and own-brand products.